Messaging in Site App Pro
With the messaging feature, you can easily share essential information with your team.
In this Article
- Why use Messages?
- Sending a Message from the Admin Console
- Sending a Message from the Mobile App
- Viewing Message Logs
Why use Messages?
The messaging function is integrated across both the Mobile/Tablet and the Administration console. The 'Message' feature is a way of communicating, engaging your team, or sharing news, for example:
- Send a Message to a group of Users who have done really well
- Send a Message to your whole team to notify them of updates or changes
- Sending reminders of new procedures and link a relevant Resource for them to view
- To distribute a new ad-hoc form for completion, you can create an induction checklist form and send a link to it in a message to everyone. Staff can then click on the link in the message on the mobile application to open the form and complete it. Each staff member can repeat this process.
Sending a Message from the Admin Console
As an Admin or Manager, you can send messages from the Dashboard on the Admin Console.
- Log into your Web Console (Computer Login)
- Click the Message Icon in the top right corner
- Click on the drop-down Send a Message to your Team
- Fill in the message text that you want to send. You also have the option to attach an Ad-hoc Form or Resource
- Choose the Recipients you'd like to send it to
Note: A user will receive the message as a push notification on their Mobile device. They won't receive the notification if they haven't logged into their account, are logged into a different account or have turned off the notifications for Site App Pro in their mobile device settings.
Sending a Message from the Mobile App
Any user can send a Message from the Mobile App to communicate with a Team Member or Broadcast a message to everyone.
- Log in to your Mobile App
- Click the Message Icon in the top right corner or you can find messages in the Menu
- Here you can see all the messages that you have sent or received.
- Add a new message
- From a Mobile/Tablet you can send a 'Message' to one User or to everyone. Messages sent from the Mobile/ Tablet can't have attachments.
Note: Messages are shown for two weeks - older messages are not displayed.
Viewing Message Logs
Message logs are a way to view all messages or emails that have been sent out of Site App Pro.
- Log in to the Admin Console
- Go to My Business
- Click Message Logs
From here you can also export your message logs by clicking the export icon in the top right corner or you can filter for a message by searching for a User name or email address.