Messaging in Site App Pro
The messaging feature allows you to share important information and tasks with your Users/Team
The messaging function is integrated across both the Mobile/Tablet and the Administration console. You can create either a 'Message' or an 'Action'.
The 'Message' feature is a way of communicating or sharing news, for example:
- Contacting Team Members
- Sending out Team Messages
- Sending reminders of new procedures or updates for the site
- Distributing a new ad-hoc Form for completion. You might create a new induction checklist form and then send a link to that Form in a message asking everyone to complete the form. In the mobile application, staff can click a link in the message to open the Form and complete it (this can be repeated by each staff member).
Creating a Message from your Administration Console
- Log into your Administration Console
- Click the 'Message' Icon in the top right corner
- Click on the drop-down 'Create a New Message / Action'
- Fill in the message text that you want to send. You also have the option to attach an Ad-hoc Form, Resource or URL
- Choose the recipients you'd like to send it to
Note: A user will receive the message as a push notification on their Mobile device. They won't receive the notification if they haven't logged into their account, are logged into a different account or have turned off the notifications for Site App Pro in their mobile device settings.
Sending a Message from the Mobile/Tablet
- Login to Site App Pro on your Mobile/Tablet
- Click the Message Icon in the top right corner
- Or alternatively, you can find messages in the Menu
- Here you can see all the messages that you have sent or received.
- Add a new message
- From a Mobile/Tablet you can only send a 'Message' and it is sent to everyone. Messages sent from the Mobile/ Tablet can't have attachments.
Note: Actions and Messages are shown for two weeks - older messages are not displayed.