Creating a Custom Form
Need to build a form to suit you and your Health & Safety? You can create a custom form from scratch!
In this article:
Let's build a form together! As an example, we are going to make a Daily Inspection Report using all of the tools available to us.
You can make and edit your forms from the Computer login (Admin Console). This is where you can set how your form works and how it's displayed, simply log in and then go to Forms.
- Add an attribution if you want to reference a link at the top of your form.
- Set the Form Statistic Group - this is how you can track your completed forms in the Dashboard Buckets.
- Choose if you want this to be a Quiz.
- Name the form and add a description if needed.
- You can specify the email where you want to receive the completed form. P.S. Forms are automatically stored on the Reports page, only email the ones that you want to be notified about.
- Set the form schedule from Daily, Weekly, Monthly or None.
- Choose the User Group you want the Form to be assigned.
The Tools are used in this order:
Question - Use the Question Tool to add questions to your Form and select Answer Types. You can also mark the required answers
Collapsible Panel - The Collapsible Panel can be used to include instructions for your team. Also, if you have a large explanation, the collapsible panel can hide or reveal it when you need to.
Section Header - The Section Header enables you to segment your Form. You can also set up Repeating Sections. That means you can have all the questions in a Section set to repeat
Conditional Section - The Conditional Section works on the If then logic i.e. 'if selected the right answer, then show the following section'. You have 3 answer types to select from: Yes/No, Check Box and Multi-choice
Instructional Text - An instructional text allows you to include instructions for your team
The Form Previewer enables you to visualize workflows created with the form builder in the Web Console. It offers a range of question types and helps to preview how forms will appear in the app, making it easier to create custom forms.
To do this:
- Log in to the Web Console
- Go to the Forms Tab
- Search for the Form
- Click on the Pencil Icon to edit
- Click on the Preview Button. This will log you into the App on the Web and direct you to the relevant form
- View the form to ensure the workflow is based on your requirement
- Click on the 'X' button on top to come out of the Preview
- Save the form if satisfied or continue editing if required